It's starting to smell like summer these days (yes, summer has a particular scent to it), so I've been going to the pool more often.
There are a gazillion items you can take to the pool/beach/lake etc, but these are my essentials. I HAVE to take these items with me no matter what (unless I forget them of course lol)!
- Sun Screen - definitely the most important item that everyone should carry with them! I'm really enjoying this Nivea Sun Screen with carrot and SPF 6. At first, I thought SPF 6 would protect me from absolutely nothing. But so far, I haven't gotten a single sun burnt (which I normally get with a sunscreen with a SPF of 20 lol). This is a yellow cream but creates this subtle tanned colour on the skin that helps to get a REAL tan (only noticed this today...)!! This is my goal for this summer. Get a tan!
- Water - Also very important, especially if you're in the sun! Gotta stay hydrated! I drank an entire bottle and threw it in the bin before taking the picture... Oops
- Lip Balm - La Roche-Posay Cicaplast levres (I've talked about this on a previous post).
- Tissues - For obvious reasons... Haha
- Book - I love carrying a book around with me, for whenever I'm bored. Currently I have two cause I'm almost finishing "The House of Mirth" by Edith Warton which is a very pleasant and dramatic book! Next, I'm going to read "Nelson Mandela - A Life's lesson" by Jack Lang in Portuguese to switch it up a bit. Can't wait to start this one!! :)
- Bubble Gum/Sweets - Wherever I go, whether it's to a club or to the beach, I always take sweets or gum with me. I'm a sweets-aholic! ;)
- (Mascara - Essence get Big lashes waterproof. Lately I've been wearing less makeup or none at all. But for those ladies that want a little 'Umf' to their lashes, this is the best waterproof mascara!! (If you want a review on it, let me know))
(Trying the new 2015 Summer Trend... Just kidding! :p )
What else do you take to the beach/pool etc?
Stay dorky and weird.
Xoxo Jessy ♥