My Essentials For Those Summer Days

Hey guys!

It's starting to smell like summer these days (yes, summer has a particular scent to it), so I've been going to the pool more often. 

There are a gazillion items you can take to the pool/beach/lake etc, but these are my essentials. I HAVE to take these items with me no matter what (unless I forget them of course lol)! 


  • Sun Screen - definitely the most important item that everyone should carry with them! I'm really enjoying this Nivea Sun Screen with carrot and SPF 6. At first, I thought SPF 6 would protect me from absolutely nothing. But so far, I haven't gotten a single sun burnt (which I normally get with a sunscreen with a SPF of 20 lol). This is a yellow cream but creates this subtle tanned colour on the skin that helps to get a REAL tan (only noticed this today...)!! This is my goal for this summer. Get a tan! 
  • Water - Also very important, especially if you're in the sun! Gotta stay hydrated! I drank an entire bottle and threw it in the bin before taking the picture... Oops 
  • Lip Balm - La Roche-Posay Cicaplast levres (I've talked about this on a previous post).
  • Tissues - For obvious reasons... Haha
  • Book - I love carrying a book around with me, for whenever I'm bored. Currently I have two cause I'm almost finishing "The House of Mirth" by Edith Warton which is a very pleasant and dramatic book! Next, I'm going to read "Nelson Mandela - A Life's lesson"  by Jack Lang in Portuguese to switch it up a bit. Can't wait to start this one!! :)
  • Bubble Gum/Sweets - Wherever I go, whether it's to a club or to the beach, I always take sweets or gum with me. I'm a sweets-aholic! ;)
  • Towel 
  • (Mascara - Essence get Big lashes waterproof. Lately I've been wearing less makeup or none at all. But for those ladies that want a little 'Umf' to their lashes, this is the best waterproof mascara!! (If you want a review on it, let me know))

(Trying the new 2015 Summer Trend... Just kidding! :p )

What else do you take to the beach/pool etc?

Stay dorky and weird.

Xoxo Jessy ♥ 




Comments

  1. This is a really good list! I can't wait to go to the beach. I would love to see a review on the essence mascara :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksss! :)

      Sure! My next post is going to be on that mascara. It's really hard to find a waterproof mascara that truly is waterproof! Haha

      Xoxo Jessy

      Delete
  2. These are my summer essentials too! Ive read 3 books already this summer yaaaay! Lovely post btw <3

    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Ouu well done! what books did you read? Any suggestions? :)

      Aww thank you!

      Xoxo Jessy

      Delete
  3. Great essentials. Do you recommend both books?

    x
    www.thecherryfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      I definitely recommend "House of Mirth"!!
      I haven't started the Nelson Mandela Book but I'm hoping it's well written. :)

      Xoxo Jessy

      Delete
  4. Amazing products!

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sunscreen sounds interesting. Have a nice weekend. xx

    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's different than others but very very good! :)

      Thank you, you too!!

      Xoxo Jessy

      Delete
  6. The Nivea sunscreen is interesting, but I definitely want more protection than SPF 6. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all nivea Sun screens!! :) i've tried from other brands and I was allergic to them... Lol

      Thanks for the visit! :)

      Xoxo Jessy

      Delete
  7. I am exactly like you : I love bubblegum and sweets too ahah ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joining your sweet-aholic club as well haha. Always a challenge to eat the chocolate before it actually melts these days!

    x Alina

    LALYNA
    LALYNA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha *high five* x)

      Try to store your chocolate in the freezer before eating it!! It should give you some time! Hehehe ;)

      Xoxo Jessy

      Delete
  9. The Nivea Sun Screen sounds great but I definitely need more SPF (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I understand! Nivea has sunscreens with a variety of SPFs :) I sometimes use SPF 20 for when I'm starting get a little red!! Hahaha

      Xoxo Jessy

      Delete
  10. Aww thank you! :)

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list. It's going to be a while until I need any summer essentials here in Aus.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      Its never too early to start planning though ;)

      Xoxo Jessy

      Delete
  12. Great essentials. Liked it. Thanks for sharing.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!! :) I always reply so make sure you come back and check it out ;) xoxo